MXA PRODUCT TEST:
THE MOST CREATIVE BIKE STAND EVER; YOU CAN ROLL YOUR BIKE INTO IT, LIFT IT ON TOP OF IT OR USE IT AS A WHEEL CHOCK IN YOUR TRUCK
WHAT IS IT? The Moto-Tek 3in1 stand is the most creative bike stand we have ever tested. It has three functions and you could probably think of more.
WHAT' S IT COST? $169.95 for the stand, tool trays and Quick-Dock (if you want to latch it down in trailers and vans).
CONTACT? www.moto-tek.com or (818) 592-0735.
WHAT'S IT DO? Let's be serious; if bikes hadn't gotten taller and milk crates flimsier, no self-respecting manufacturer would be building bike stands today. But they did and the rest is history. There have been innovative bike stands from as far back as the original Mark Charles stand. But in recent years, one stand pretty much looks like another, with the same features, materials and price. Stop the presses! The Moto-Tek 3in1 stand is like no other in the history of the sport (although beware because there are cheap knock-offs of the Moto-Tek stand being ballyhooed about, but without Moto-Tek's construction quality, multiple uses or originality). Best of all, The Moto-Tek 3in1 does things that no other stand could hope to duplicate. It is creative, original and owes no allegiance to any other stand. That's all good stuff.
WHAT STANDS OUT? Here' s a list of things that stand out with Moto-Tek's 3in1 stand.
(1) Center stand: When flipped up on its sturdy legs, the Moto-Tek 3in1 stand can be used as a traditional bike stand. It is the exact same height as the most popular bike stands and comes with a rubber padded top (which, paradoxically, is sometimes the bottom). By flipping the Moto-Tek stand over, you can get the wheels off the ground for maintenance.
(2) Front wheel stand: We are lazy. So lazy that the first time we saw the 3in1 stand's versatility, we were amazed. Unlike any other motocross stand made, you can use the Moto-Tek stand without ever picking your bike up. We rode in after a long moto and drove the front wheel directly into the laid-down 3in1 stand and walked away. No lifting. No grunting. And no standing there for ten minutes waiting for the strength to return to our arms. It is almost idiot-proof. Even the idiot that hit the stand at speed still managed to get the job done. Of course, you manly types who don't think life should be easy can move on to a traditional stand (and a hernia).
(3) Hauling: It is a large stand, which means that it will take up a lot of room in your truck bed, but it doesn't have to. You can flip the Moto-Tek 3in1 stand against the front of your truck bed and roll the front wheel in before hooking up the tie-downs. It doubles as a wheel chock and a bed strengthener. In a trailer or van, Moto-Tek offers a Quick-Dock which allows the 3in1 stand to be firmly anchored to the floor.
(4) Colors: The Moto-Tek stand is available in powder-coated blue, green, orange, red and yellow.
(5) Place of Manufacture. The good old USA.
WHAT'S THE SQUAWK? A few minor quibbles: (1) Level ground works better than tilted ground. (2) Some oversize front tires get hooked in the loop and you have to wiggle to get the bike to backup (no problem with a normal front tire). (3) When using it as a center stand, make sure that the extended legs on on the opposite side of where you lift the bike.
Imagine never having to
hoist your bike like a 220-pound bag of potatoes after a moto again.
Doesn't that sound like a dream? It's reality