(1) Speed and Fuel will disappear.
(2) Speed will be rebranded as Fox Sports 1 network.
(3) Speed (AKA Fox Sports 1) will no longer be exclusively be motorsports, but will include college basketball, college football, NASCAR, soccer, UFC, Big-12, Pac-12 and Conference USA college football/basketball.
(4) Fox Sports 1, at 90 million homes, will be the largest sports cable network of any type. Larger than ESPN, which as 81 million homes.
(5) As far as motorsports goes Fox Sports 1 will focus on NASCAR programming; select Sprint Cup races (starting in 2015); NASCAR Truck Series races; the Sprint All-Star race; Daytona 500 qualifying; NASCAR Race Day coverage; NASCAR Victory Lane; NASCAR Race Hub, the daily mid-day studio show with breaking news from drivers, owners and crewmen garages.
(6) There also will be in-studio sports talk shows (one with Regis Philbin).
(7) Fox Sports 1 has signed a contract to air every MotoGP road race (initially on Speed and then starting on August 17 on Fox Sports 1. Moto2 and Moto3 races will also be shown on tape delay.
(8) What about motocross and other motorsports? Have no fear, with Fox Sports 1 set to take on ESPN for TV dominance, the market for content will heat up with the four major sports channel (CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN) vying for something to show. Motocross and Supercross should weather this storm without any troubles.
(9) Fuel TV will also be dropped and replaced with something called Fox Sports 2, which will no longer be a skateboard, wakeboard, surfing channel, but a general sports channel. The two Fox channels will be aligned similar to ESPN and ESPN2, with shared sports across both networks. Initially, the biggest sports events will air on Fox Sports 1, because Fox Sports 1 will go to 90 million homes and Fox Sports 2 to 37 million homes. Fuel TV was one of the lowest rated cable networks—with around 40,000 people watching them (only Spanish music channel TR3S had less cable viewers).
(10) The FX channel, which has carried sports in the past, will no longer have any sports on it and the Fox Soccer channel might become an entertainment channel called FX2
Suzuki Motorcycle tests