WHAT IS IT? A two- or three-rail motorcycle trailer that can be folded up and stored in a space no deeper than 30 inches.
WHAT’S IT COST? $2329.95 (three-rail).
CONTACT? www.kendonusa.com or (714) 630-7144.
WHAT STANDS OUT? Here’s a list of things that stand out with the Kendon Stand-Up motorcycle trailer.
(1) Space saver. Don’t have room for a trailer in your garage? No problem. Kendon’s unique trailer can be folded up on its caster wheels and rolled into a space that is 7-feet high, 8-feet wide and 27-inches deep. The large caster wheels made it a snap to move around. The Kendon Stand-Up trailer is perfect for apartment buildings or people with too much stuff in their garage, backyard or living room.
(2) Quality. The torsion bar suspension and 13-inch chrome wheels make towing a breeze. The bike rails have flip-over bike chocks so that you don’t have to worry about the bike rolling backward. The black, powder-coated, triangulated, sturdy, round-tube steel frame is ultra-beefy.
(3) Load capacity. A ton (2000 pounds).
(4) Hitch. Kendon uses a standard 2-inch ball, and the running lights are powered by the typical four-prong plug.
(5) Price. It is more expensive than the typical motorcycle trailer, but it’s worth the money.
(6) Car. Amazingly, 80 percent of MXA readers own pickups, which means they aren’t in the market for a motorcycle trailer. However, for the 20 percent who don’t have a truck, they get the joy of owning a WRX, MX-5, GTi, 328i or mommy van.
WHAT’S THE SQUAWK? Two quibbles (both of which Kendon says they will address): (1) We didn’t think the tie-down hooks were far enough outboard (we hooked the outer tie-downs to the trailer’s frame instead). (2) In order for the trailer to be stood up, the rear two feet of the deck is hinged to fold out of the way. This folding rear deck could bounce on the freeway (unless the rear of the bike was cinched down to the frame). We wanted the rear deck to have a locking device to hold it down.
If you need a motorcycle trailer, we think the Kendon Stand-Up trailer is as good as they come. It tows great, is well-made and, best of all, doesn’t take up a lot of room when you aren’t using it.