FIRST LOOK! 2019 HONDA CRF125F & CRF125F BIG WHEEL
CRF Performance Line technology such as fuel injection and twin-spar frame design is now bestowed on the CRF Trail Line, advancing the 2019 CRF125F and CRF125F Big Wheel into modern off-road motorcycles that maximize fun and ride enjoyment. The electronically controlled Keihin fuel-injection system delivers smooth, seamless, linear power at any rpm and throttle setting—ideal for new motorcyclists and equally advantageous for advanced riders on technical trails or when going through big elevation changes—and the model is 50-state off-road legal. The all-new twin-spar frame is made of steel and extensively tested and developed for a confidence-inspiring chassis wrapped in new body panels and graphics that match those of the model’s race-oriented CRF siblings. Both CRF125F models retain the proven 124.9cc SOHC engine and four-speed gearbox for strong power and intuitive shifting feel. In terms of hardware, the two versions differ only in wheel size, swingarm length and final-drive gearing, resulting in a difference in seat height of 1.8 inches. Instructors or parents will appreciate the peace of mind that comes with putting a rider on a secure and nimble machine, and maintenance is simplified with fuel injection—no jets to change or to clog with fuel residue if the bike sits for an extended period. Electric start, low-fuel indicator light, ignition “key on” indicator, and Honda’s earned reputation for making the best-built and most dependable motorcycles on the trail mean pride of ownership all week and fun and thrills every weekend.
- All-new electronically controlled Keihin fuel-injection system replaces carburetor. FI delivers linear and hesitation-free power for easier-to-control delivery at all points in the powerband.
- Twin-spar steel frame, with heavy-duty design inspired by the frame architecture of the CRF Performance Line, provides the right balance of rigidity and suppleness for trail-bike comfort.
- Suspension travel increased (by 10mm increase in front, 12mm rear) for improved plushness and better bottoming resistance.
- New 1 gallon steel fuel tank with integrated fuel pump and fuel filter. Low-fuel indicator on handlebar illuminates when .2 gallons remain. New frame design shields tank in the event of a fall.
- All-new bodywork and graphics match styling of CRF Performance Line.
- New handlebar-mounted, multiple-function switch incorporates starter button, ignition “key on” indicator, fuel-injection system status, and low-fuel indicator light. (Replaces reserve setting on petcock.)
- New ratchet-style fuel tank cap reduces possibility of loosening during ride.
- Half-waffle grips have a smaller circumference for a better fit with smaller hands.
- New seat foam is 5mm taller, yet seat height on the standard version is only 2mm higher, due to seat placement in the new frame. (Seat height on Big Wheel version isn’t increased from 2018.)
- The 124.9cc SOHC engine returns with smoother, more linear power delivery.
- Four-speed gearbox is well matched to the broad power spread.
- Electric starter makes getting going a breeze, with kick-start backup included.
- CRF125F and CRF125F Big Wheel have seat heights of 29.1 inches and 30.9 inches, respectively.
- CRF125F has wheel sizes of 17 and 14 inches front and rear, respectively. CRF125F Big Wheel has 19- and 16-inch wheels.
- The 31mm fork provides plush front-suspension action.
- Pro-Link® rear-suspension design with sophisticated single shock for consistent action.
- Smooth stopping power provided by hydraulic front brake with 220mm rotor and 95mm rear drum brake.
- Front brake lever is adjustable to work with varying hand sizes.
- Styling follows that of the race-winning CRF Performance Line.
- Meets CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts
- Specifications subject to change
|Type||124.9cc air-cooled 25º single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||SOHC; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4mm x 57.9mm|
|Induction||Fuel-injection system; 22mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter / kick|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 4-speed return; manual|
|Final Drive||Chain; 13T/46T||Chain; 13T/49T|
|Front||31mm conventional telescopic coil-spring fork; 5.2 in. travel||31mm conventional telescopic coil-spring fork; 6.6 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link system w/ single shock; 5.5 in. travel||Pro-Link system w/ single shock; 6.6 in. travel|
|Front||Hydraulic; single 220mm disc|
|Rear||Mechanical 95mm leading trail drum|
|Front||70/100-17 w/ tube||70/100-19 w/ tube|
|Rear||90/100-14 w/ tube||90/100-16 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27°30’|
|Length||69.7 in.||73.1 in.|
|Width||29.1 in.||30.3 in.|
|Height||39.4 in.||42.1 in.|
|Ground Clearance||8.3 in.||10.3 in.|
|Seat Height||29.1 in.||30.9 in.|
|Wheelbase||48.0 in.||49.4 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||194 lbs.||199 lbs.|