WAITING FOR YOU: 2020-1/2 KTM 450SXF FACTORY EDITION
Back in 2012 Roger DeCoster knew that recently hired Ryan Dungey needed a better bike for the 2013 AMA season than was offered in KTM’s 2012 inventory. Roger talked KTM management into making a special run of 400 2013 KTM 450SXFs so that they could be sold to the public to make the 2012-1/2 KTM 450SXF Factory Edition AMA-legal for the 2013 season. Ever since then, KTM has given consumers the opportunity to buy next year’s bike several months before the actual production model is made. Some years the KTM Factory Editions are earth-shattering, but just as often, the Factory Editions are just gussied-up production bikes. The 2020-1/2 KTM 450SXF Factory Edition is highlighted by a factory-installed holeshot device, floating front brake rotor, a slip-on Akrapovic muffler, Selle Dalla Valle seat cover, orange anodized hubs, updated fork valving and Red Bull Factory team graphics.
2020-1/2 FACTORY EDITION HIGHLIGHTS
1. Red Bull KTM Factory Racing graphics, factory seat cover with Selle Dalla Valle logo and orange frame.
2. Updated WP XACT air fork with a longer bypass slot to reduce pressure peaks and increase comfort.
3. Fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock for superior suspension performance and feeling.
5. Pankl connecting rod with a bronze bushing in the small end reduces friction for a faster-revving engine.
8. Akrapovic slip-on silencer with lightweight titanium can and welded brackets.
10. Floating front wave-style rotor with disc guard, carbon fiber-reinforced skid plate and mechanical holeshot device.
11. Head pipe with FDH (Flow Design Header) resonator system for improved performance. Compact SOHC (single overhead camshaft) engine with cutting-edge cylinder.
12. Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
13. High-tech Brembo brakes for unmatched braking performance.
14. Handlebar-mounted map switch selects between two maps and activates traction and launch control for better traction.
15. Lightweight chromoly steel frame with optimized stiffness to provide a great blend of comfort and stability.