FIRST LOOK! 2020 1/2 KTM 450SXF FACTORY EDITION
2020 KTM 450SXF FACTORY EDITION DETAILS
Back in 2012 Roger DeCoster knew that recently hired Ryan Dungey needed a better bike for the 2013 AMA season that was offered in KTM’s 2012 inventory. Roger talked KTM management into making a special run of 400 2013 KTM 450SXFs so that they could be sold to the public to make the 2012-1/2 KTM 450SXF Factory Edition AMA-legal for the 2013 season. Ever since then. KTM has given consumers the opportunity to buy next year’s bike several month before the actual production model is made. Some years the KTM Factory Editions are earth-shattering, but just as often, the Factory Editions are just gussied-up production bikes. The 2020-1/2 KTM 450SXF Factory Edition is highlighted by a factory-installed holeshot device, floating front brake rotor, a slip-on Akrapovic muffler, Selle Dalla Valle seat cover, orange anodized hubs, updated fork valving and Red Bull Factory team graphics.
2020-1/2 FACTORY EDITION HIGHLIGHTS
The number 1 of the KTM Factory Edition represents Cooper Webb’s 2019 450 Supercross championship.
1. Red Bull KTM Factory Racing graphics, Factory seat with Selle Dalla Valle logo and orange frame.
2. Updated WP XACT split air fork with a redesign of the internals including a new mid-valve damping system for improved control and feel, a 10 mm increase to the bypass slot on the air-leg for enhanced initial comfort and a new oil bypass in the outer damping leg tube to reduce pressure peaks.
3. Fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock offering superior suspension performance and feeling features new settings for improved pressure balance and to compliment the updates to the front forks.
4. Vented airbox cover included that can be changed without the use of any tools for a sharper throttle response according to rider preference or track conditions.
5. Pankl connecting rod with a bushing in the small end reduces friction for a faster revving engine.
6. Billet aluminum Hinson clutch cover increases durability while enhancing the factory look.
7. Factory CNC-machined triple clamps with adjustable offset [20 – 22 mm] and perfect fork clamping.
8. Akrapovic slip-on silencer that features a lightweight titanium outer shell and permanently welded attachment points and offers an improved torque curve and perfectly rideable peak power.
9. Factory D.I.D DirtStar rims with machined, anodized hubs and three-cross pattern in the front for optimal handling.
10. Floating front waved disc with disc guard, carbon fiber reinforced engine protector and mechanical holeshot device as standard.
11. Compact SOHC (single overhead camshaft) engine with cutting-edge cylinder head featuring titanium valves and super-light finger followers with a hard DLC coating.
12. High-tech, lightweight chromoly steel frame with optimized stiffness provides a great blend of comfort and stability.
13. Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm features a long rear axle slot for increased adjustability, offering better straight-line stability.
14. Bodywork features a slim design for optimal comfort, control and freedom of movement.
15. Header pipe with FDH (Flow Design Header) resonator system for improved performance.
16. Handlebar map switch selects between two maps and activates traction and launch control for better traction and more efficient starts.
17. Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
18. High-tech Brembo brakes for unmatched braking performance.
19. KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the peg pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
20. “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2020 KTM 450SXF FE SPECIFICATIONS
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 449.9c c
Bore / Stroke: 95 / 63.4 mm
Compression Ratio: 12.75:1
Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12.8V, 2 Ah
Transmission: 5 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
Primary Ratio: 31:76
Final Drive: 13:49
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum
Handle bar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD Fork, Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21” / 2.15 x 19” Excel
Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 120/80-19” Dunlop MX 33
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 375 mm / 14.8 in
Seat Height: 950 mm / 37.4 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 7 L / 1.85 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 100.5 kg / 221.5 lbs