FIRST LOOK! ALL-NEW 2022 KTM 250SXF FACTORY EDITION
FIRST LOOK! ALL-NEW 2022 KTM 250SXF
With only 400 units being made available, the 2022 KTM 250SXF Factory Edition is an exclusive racer built to the highest specifications. It is the ultimate mid-class racer for anyone looking to dominate their season, at local or national levels. Featuring all-new design and top-shelf componentry across the board, this is the undisputed new class leader.
2022 KTM 250SXF FACTORY EDITION HIGHLIGHTS
- New bodywork with specifically tailored ergonomics for easier rider movement and textured components and a symmetrical construction for unmatched control.
- New hydro-formed chromium molybdenum frame significantly improving energy transfer through the frame and anti-squat behavior under acceleration.
- New topology optimized die-cast aluminum swingarm providing increased rigidity and decreased weight (-190 g from previous generation). Includes a new 22 mm rear axle for specific flex character.
- New 250 cc DOHC engine providing class-leading performance is tilted 2° back for better mass centralization and features an 8 mm shorter total height and 3 mm lower front sprocket position.
- New lighter cylinder head design utilized only two mounting bolts and has larger 27.5 mm exhaust valve for optimized gas flow to work with revised bore and stroke.
- New forged bridge-box-type piston for larger 81 mm bore and 48.5 mm stroke (vs 78.0 / 52.3 mm) provides increased compression ratio of 14.5:1.
- New clutch basket design (same as KTM 450 SX-F), adapted for new transmission ratio (24:72).
- New aluminum-polyamide hybrid subframe construction providing specifically calculated rigidity for improved bike feedback and advanced durability.
- New WP XACT 48 mm front forks with AER technology feature new settings to match the reworked frame and offer more progressive end-of-stroke damping thanks to a new hydrostop.
- New WP XACT rear shock that is shorter (-15 mm) and lighter (-100 g), includes a CFD optimized main piston and tool free adjusters. All new settings work with the new shock mount design and provide incredible stability.
- New multifunctional map switch, which also activates the Quickshifter, Traction- and Launch Control.
- New QuickShift function that includes a sensor on the shift drum to interrupt ignition when force is applied to the shift lever for clutchless upshifting from second through fifth gear.
- New topology optimized, die cast footpegs with increased platform and reduced weight are mounted via a new design providing less chance of dirt build up at the pivot.
- New polyamide composite skid plate and front brake disc guard for advanced protection and durability.
- Exclusive Red Bull KTM Factory Racing graphics with new Selle Dalla Valle seat.
- Factory triple clamps anodized in orange deliver perfect fork clamping for enhanced suspension performance and front end feel. They also adjust between 20 or 22 mm offset.
- New Factory wheels featuring DID DirtStar rims laced to fully CNC-machined orange anodized hubs guarantee minimal weight at maximum stability.
- Factory holeshot device in the fork guards and orange rear aluminum sprocket provide the ultimate race-ready touches.
- High-tech Brembo brakes combined with a Semi-floating front disc, including a brake disc guard, offer incredible braking power and feel.
- Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers highly controllable modulation of the clutch and light operation, minimizing fatigue on demanding rides.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 249.92 cc
Bore / Stroke: 81.0 / 48.5 mm
Compression Ratio: 14.5:1
Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12.8V, 2 Ah
Transmission: 5 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
Primary Ratio: 24:72
Final Drive: 14:51
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle-Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum / Polyamide Glass Fiber
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD Fork, Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21” / 2.15 x 19” DID
Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 110/90-19” Dunlop MX33
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,493 mm ± 10 mm / 58.77 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 343 mm / 13.5 in
Seat Height: 954 mm / 37.5 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 7.2 L / 1.9 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 101.2 kg / 223.1 lbs