2022 YAMAHA YZ250 TWO-STROKE IN ACTION
While testing the 2022 models of other brands at Glen Helen last week, the MXA wrecking crew noticed that the Yamaha R&D guys were spinning laps on the new 2022 Yamaha YZ250 two-stroke! Although MXA is still waiting for our test versions of the 2022 YZ125 and YZ250, we shot some footage of Yamaha test riders Doug Dubach and Steven Tokarski hammering laps for our loyal viewers to see. We expect to get our new smokers from Yamaha any day, but until then, here is Yamaha’s inhouse testing department putting the 2022 Yamaha YZ250 two-stroke through it’s paces. Enjoy the raw sound sans music.
BELOW ARE THE CHANGES TO THE 2022 YAMAHA YZ250 TWO STROKE MODEL
1. Improved rider ergonomics with a narrow tank, flatter seat and slimmer radiator shrouds.
2. New straight intake design improves power output in the higher revs and adds strong sense of over-rev.
3. Advanced Hitachi Astemo Keihin PWK38S Power Jet carburetor with a throttle position sensor offers crisp throttle response.
4. High-performance brake setup features larger front pistons, more rigid calipers and redesigned rotors with increased pad contact area (along with less unsprung weight).
5. Revised fully adjustable Kayaba rear shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat internals.
6. New lightweight rear sprocket design.
7. New lightweight chain.
8. High-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with blacked-out louversfor maximum cooling and aggressive looks.
9. New graphics are embedded for improved durability.
10. Race-developed Dunlop Geomax MX33 tires