Hopefully your two-stroke isn’t still sitting in the garage dirty, because it is almost that time again for the Wiseco World Two-Stroke Motocross Championships hosted by Fasthouse. Six short months after the 2020 event, premix will fill the air yet again at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, CA on Saturday, April 3, 2021. The World Two-Stroke Motocross Championships have been an annual fan and competitor favorite at Glen Helen for years, with people traveling from different cities, states, and even countries to get their two-stroke motocross fix. This year will mark the 12th event. While normally held in early April, last year’s event was postponed to October due to Covid-19, cutting the time between events in half.
This year also marks Wiseco’s 80th anniversary with roots in two-stroke racing and performance dating back to 1941. This is the third consecutive year Wiseco is supporting the World Two-Stroke Motocross Championships with the help of Fasthouse, and as an industry leader in manufacturing and innovating two-stroke performance components, from forged pistons to crankshafts to clutches, this is a perfect fit for the true heritage of the Wiseco brand.
“Wiseco was founded by grassroots racers with a passion for two-stroke competition and performance 80 years ago and has been developing and racing two-strokes of all disciplines ever since,” said Scott Highland, Director of Powersports for Wiseco. “We are all avid racers and share a passion for the sport, so we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to continue our support of the iconic World Two-Stroke Motocross Championships at Glen Helen. Long live the Ring-Ding-Ding!”
“Glen Helen is honored to have Wiseco on board as the title sponsor of the Wiseco World Two-Stroke Motocross Championships,” said Glen Helen’s Lori Wilson. “The event has grown every year, and with Wiseco’s support for 2021, the event will be the largest ever.”
• 2021 WORLD TWO-STROKE RACE SCHEDULE
Friday, April 2: Two-Stroke only practice
Saturday, April 3: Gates open 6:00 a.m.
Post sign-up/check in: 6:30 a.m.
Practice: 8:00 a.m.
• 2021 RULES
• Every pre-entered rider must check in at tower.
• Minors must have a parent come to sign-up.
• If you don’t have your own transponder, you will be issued one, but must leave your driver license at sign-up until you return it.
• Gate pick for the first moto will be by order of pre-entry and then post entry.
• Second moto gate pick will be based on first moto finishing order.
• Most races will have wave starts with multiple classes (if you leave with the wrong gate you will be penalized).
• No tools can be used in front of the starting gate—just feet.
• Passing or jumping on a yellow flag will lead of a penalty.
• Trophies will be handed out to first through fifth for all classes in the museum.
• 50cc and 65cc classes get 100% trophies.
• For more info go to www.glenhelen.com
• 2021 WORLD TWO-STROKE CHAMPIONSHIPS CLASSES
TWO-STROKE ADULT CLASSES
Open Pro…122cc-Open ($8000 purse)
Pasha 125 Pro…122cc-150cc ($6000 purse)
Pasha Over-30 125 Pro…122cc-150cc ($2000 purse)
Pasha Over-50 125 Pro…122cc-150cc ($2000 purse)
250 Beg, Nov, Int, Exp…201cc-250cc
125cc Beg, Nov, Int…122cc-150cc
Open Beg, Nov, Int 122cc-Open
Over-25 Nov, Int, Exp…122cc-Open
Over-30 Nov, Int, Exp…122cc-Open
Over-40 Nov, Int, Exp…122cc-Open
Over-50 Nov, Int, Exp…122cc-Open
Over-60 Nov, Int, Exp…122cc-Open
Over-70 All Skills…122cc-Open
Vintage all skills…98cc-Open
Women All Skill…122cc-Open
TWO-STROKE YOUTH CLASSES
85 14-16 yrs…85cc
85 12-13 yrs…85cc
85 9-11 yrs…85cc
85 first timer…85cc
65 9-11 yrs…65cc
65 6-8 yrs…65cc
65 First timer…65cc
50 4-6 yrs…50cc
50 7-8 yrs…50cc
50 first timers..50cc
• PURSE MONEY FOR SATURDAY’S 2021 WORLD TWO-STROKE CHAMPIONSHIPS
OPEN PRO CLASS
PASHA 125 PRO CLASS
PASHA 125 OVER-30 PRO CLASS
PASHA 125 OVER-50 PRO CLASS
PIETRONICO ROOFING HOLESHOT AWARDS & SUPER JOCK HOLESHOT PRO AWARDS
$125… (per moto in all two-stroke Pro classes)
For more info go to www.glenhelen.com
• WORLD TWO-STROKE CHAMPIONSHIP OPEN TO PEE-WEES AND 65 BEGINNERS & FIRST-TIMERS
• EVERY WORLD TWO-STROKE CHAMPION (2010-2020)
2010 …Bobby Garrison (Hus)
2011 …Austin Howell (Yam)
2012 …Michael Leib (Hon)
2013 …Sean Collier (Yam)
2014 …Sean Collier (Yam)
2015 …Mike Sleeter (KTM)
2016 …Mike Alessi (Suz)
2017 …Ryan Surratt (Hon)
2018 …Zach Bell (Hus)
2019…Robbie Wageman (Yam)
2020…Mike Alessi (Yam)
To pre-enter the 2021 World Two-Stroke Championship and save money Click Here.
Hollywood actor and full-time racer Pasha Afshar is putting up $10,000 of his own money for three 125 Pro classes at the World Two-Stroke race this Saturday, April 3, 2021. The special classes will be 125 Pro, Over-30 125 Pro and Over-50 125 Pro. The 125 Pro class will pay a $6300 purse with the winner getting $3000, the two 125 Pro Vet races (over-30 and Over-50) will pay a $2300 purse with the winner of each getting $1000. Plus there will a $125 holeshot award for all six 125 Pro races from Pietronico Roofing Solutions. For more info go to www.glenhelen.com.