Features and Benefits
– 249cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve, DOHC engine delivers hard-hitting power from mid- to high-rpm
– Features improvements in rigidity and reliability
– Wide powerband for excellent low-rpm torque and blistering over-rev
– Polished intake ports for an extremely-smooth surface that improves intake flow at every rpm
– Ultra-light thin-stem titanium valves feature thick skirts and extended guides for maximum durability
– New head gasket offers better sealing
– Special valve seat material helps prevent wear on the titanium valves
– K-TRIC digital microcomputer controlled ignition system with coil on plug “stick” ignition to save weight and improve performance
– Digital ignition tuned to maximize top-end and over-rev, includes a spark-controlled rev limiter for more precise control of maximum engine rpm
– New more-rigid crankcase around the crankshaft and on the left side, near the input and output shafts for increased reliability and more-efficient torque transfer
– New kickstart ratchet is 3.5mm thicker for better feel and reliability
– Crankshaft is surface-hardened for maximum rigidity
– Twin oil pumps ensure proper lubrication and oil scavenging for optimum performance
– Lightweight magnesium clutch, generator and cylinder head covers
– High-capacity Denso radiators are designed to offer superior cooling in a slim profile
– New 3mm higher shift lever with precise adjustability for maximum rider control
– All-aluminum perimeter frame features composite structure, utilizing forged, extruded and cast components
– 10mm wider engine mount spacers reduce torsional rigidity for quicker steering, improved rear wheel traction and better rider feel
– The slim profile of the frame, two-piece radiator shrouds that leave the upper frame spars exposed, and careful design of the remaining bodywork make the KX250F feel light and narrow beneath the rider
– Showa twin-chamber fork keeps oil and air in separate chambers for stable damping performance during long motos
– Fork features .5mm thicker piston rods for smoother mid-stroke action
– New smaller air passages at the top of the fork cartridge provide more of an “air spring” effect during compression, for more consistent damping
– Showa shock with revised tuning
– Raised ride height provides quicker turning and improved bottoming resistance
– Fine rear shock damping adjuster needle allows precise suspension tuning
– Alloy swingarm uses cast front section, tapered hydroformed spars and forged chain pullers; the tapered spars are shaped to match the balance of flex and rigidity required of the aluminum frame
– Sprocket-style chain roller helps smooth engine braking by reducing drive lash
– Front and rear brakes utilize petal discs, helping to reduce overall weight
– Petal discs help to clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
– New factory-look black alumite coated rims
From the Cockpit
– Renthal aluminum handlebar is ultra-strong and reduces overall weight
– Short-length grips feature a special pattern to reduce vibration transmitted from the bars to the rider
– Particular attention was paid to the body work underneath the seat to improve the rider?s grip on the chassis when standing
– Bodywork, graphics and seat cover have aggressive style inspired by championship winning factory teams
– Different inertia magneto rotors
– 12-tooth countershaft sprocket
– Top handlebar clamp for an oversized bar
– Aluminum and steel rear sprockets with optional tooth sizes
– Solid petal brake rotors for wet racing conditions
– Optional springs for the front fork and rear shock
– Manual decompression lever and cable
– 20-inch front wheel
Engine: Four-stroke single with DOHC and four valves
Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
Carburetion: Keihin FCR37 and hot start circuit
Compression ratio: 13.5:1
Ignition: Multi-map digital CDI with K-TRIC throttle position sensor
Transmission: Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Aluminum perimeter
Rake / trail: 27.7 degrees / 4.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 47mm inverted Showa twin-chamber telescopic fork with 16-way compression and rebound damping / 12.4 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK? linkage system and Showa shock with 13-way low-speed and stepless high-speed compression damping, 17-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 12.2 in.
Front tire: 80/100-21 51M
Rear tire: 100/90-19 57M
Front brake: Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc with dual piston caliper
Rear brake: Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 85.0 in.
Overall width: 32.3 in.
Overall height: 50.0 in.
Wheelbase: 57.8 in.
Ground clearance: 13.2 in.
Seat height: 37.8 in.
Dry weight: 204 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.9 gal.
Color: Lime Green
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618