Click on images to enlarge
THE 2018 KAWASAKI KX250F:
(1) Improved power and torque throughout the rev range
(2) Improved suspension settings for better compliance, resulting in quicker lap times. Up front you’ll find revised Showa 48mm Separate Function Front Forks (SFF Type 2) with works-style internal construction that locates its damping assembly in the left fork tube and a spring in the right. For 2018, revised settings contribute to greater precision over braking bumps and through corners.
(3) The 2018 Uni-Trak rear suspension with Showa shock features revised settings, new for 2018. These changes contribute to improved ride feel, traction, and increased rear-end feedback.
(4) There is a new throttle body and fuel injector angle, for increased torque feeling throughout rpm range.
(5) A new fuel pump features increased output pressure.
(7) The engine gets a new intake camshaft, intake valve timing has also been advanced, new cylinder head with revised intake tract and new compression ratio (13.4:1).
(8) The exhaust header is longer and larger tubing diameter further increasing torque and power output, while retaining the resonator chamber.Riders will feel more power from low to high rpm, and experience improved over-rev characteristics.
As rpm and throttle position increase, primary operation switches from the downstream injector to the upstream injector, depending on whether in a low (1st, 2nd) or high (3rd, 4th, 5th) gear, the transition is gradual and seamless. The upstream injector’s greater distance from the combustion chamber gives the fuel particles and intake air more time to mix, as well as allowing the mixture to cool before entering the combustion chamber, both of which contribute to more efficient filling, and ultimately more power.
2018 KX250F MSRP: $7749.