MXA PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: FORMULA CARBON PRIME HELMET
The new 2022 line for Fly Racing was announced not too long ago and with it came a whole new color lineup of their very successful Formula Carbon helmet. With an eye on the high-end/high-protection market, Fly Racing has delivered a series of helmets designed to keep even the fastest riders on the planet safe. There’s a whopping list of features so check them out below.
- ECE / DOT approved
- Adaptive Impact System (AIS)
- 12K carbon fiber shell produces an extremely lightweight shell with superior penetration resistance
- Impact Energy Cells made of RHEON, the Impact Energy Cells maximize absorption of low-speed linear and rotational impacts, reducing forces transmitted to the brain
- Conehead® EPS Technology provides a softer liner whereby the cones help manage or absorb an impact force more efficiently. Six critical zones have been fine tuned for a progressive response to low-speed and high-speed impacts.
- Expanded volume EPS means strategic areas of the helmet have more impact absorbing EPS, more suspension between your head and the ground
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) chin bar creates an additional element of impact mitigation, and is used in the chin bar for its superior damage resistance, and energy absorbing properties
- Clavicle shell relief zone creates a soft zone filled with EPS and EPP to aid in reducing clavicle injuries
- Custom molded rubber trim with integrated nose guard
- Lightweight custom visor screws and titanium alloy D-rings
- 1290 grams +/-50g (size MD/LG), 2.8 pounds +/-0.11lb (size MD/LG)
- Comfort liner and quick release cheek pads are made of washable moisture-wicking, anti-microbial material
- True Functional Ventilation (TFV)-When in motion, air is forced through multiple air intake vents, then passed through aligned vent channels in the EPS and exits out multiple rear exhaust vents
- Included premium helmet garage
- Included extra visor
- Optional cold weather breath guard
Fly Racing also has several other Carbon helmets in different colorways. If you are interested in those CLICK HERE.