Antonio “Tony” Cairoli won the 2017 MXGP World Championship aboard his 2018 KTM 450SXF.
ANTONIO CAIROLI BIO
Hometown: Patti, Italy
Birthdate: September 23, 1985
Team: Factory Red Bull KTM
Team Manager: Claudio De Carli
First GP: 2002 Belgium
- 7-time MXGP World Champion
- 2-time MX2 World Champion
- He began his motocross Grand Prix career in 2002 riding a Yamaha.
- He was the 2005 FIM world champion in the MX2-GP class.
- In 2007 he again won the MX2-GP World Championship as well as the English Supercross championship.
- Cairoli claimed the 2009 MX1-GP FIM Motocross World Championship, and after moving to Red Bull KTM Factory Racing, successfully defended his title in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and MXGP 2014 .
- Cairoli has won several motos on the Motocross des Nations, particularly in 2012 and 2013 when he managed to win every single moto he raced on.
- He lives with his wife Jill Cox between Rome, Italy and Lommel, Belgium, where he is training.