FOX RACEWAY, LAKE ELSINORE & CAHUILLA SET TO RE-OPEN THIS WEEKEND
FOX RACEWAY, PERRIS, STATE FAIR & GLEN HELEN SOCAL MOTOCROSS TRACKS ARE OPEN FOR PRACTICE
We have good news for the SoCal motocross community! First, it was announced that Glen Helen would be opening up on Saturday, April 25th, for limited practice and now Perris MX and State Fair MX are open as well with Fox Raceway opening Friday, May 1, while Lake Elsinore and Cahuilla are opening Saturday May 2,. Hopefully this encourages other track owners around the world to keep pressing on their local governments to allow them to re-open their tracks. You might have to be slightly crazy to ride motocross, but we aren’t dumb. We’ll do what it takes to get out of the house and go riding on a watered track, even if that means parking 10-feet away from our buddies.
Glen Helen currently has a 75-rider limit and entry is based on a first-come-first-serve basis. State Fair and Perris MX both have online reservations available to be a part of their 75 rider practice days. Currently, Fox Raceway and Lake Elsinore have stated on instagram that they don’t have any limits on the amount of riders they can hold, but they still have rules in place for social distancing. Cal City MX stated via Instagram that they’ll be opening soon as well. Below we added in the rules and regulations as well as the link to reserve your spot for riding at Perris MX or State Fair MX. Additionally, we compiled a list of Southern California tracks to let you know who’s opening and who isn’t, yet.
FOX RACEWAY OPENING MAY 1:
Fox Raceway posted via instagram:
We’re back! @foxraceway will reopen this Friday May 1st from 9am-4pm. We’ve been working to provide you all with the best experience possible and have ALL NEW Main, Vet & Kids tracks. The Main track will close at 3pm. We all want to get back riding, and to stay safe while doing it please follow the below COVID-19 precautions:
-Keep a suggested distance of 10 feet
-Masks & gloves are encouraged
-No “group” parking. Maintain plenty of space.
-No gatherings or events
-No group training/instruction
-Get your laps in and then exit the facility.
PERRIS MX & STATE FAIR MX OPEN:
Perris MX is located in Perris, California and State Fair is located at the old Starwest location, also in Perris, on the other side of town. This photo was shot at Perris MX at nighttime from above. Photo by Perris MX.
RESERVATION FOR PRACTICE AT PERRIS & STATE FAIR:
Ok, if you found this page it is so that you can get the link to reserve a space in an upcoming practice session CLICK HERE
Carefully Read Instructions:
This is an added process to prevent any riders from making the trip out and us already being at our capacity. If you have ridden our tracks before you should have a profile set up. First ,click Sign In in the top right of the page.
Then go to Create an Account. Enter your email address.
If you email has already been input into the system and you don’t remember the password click the link to “need a new password” and reset.
Click on “Register as Unpaid” and you will pay at the gate. This will save your spot.
Once you sign in the top left of the page will have three tabs. Click “Limited Open Practice” and click “Sign Up Now” making sure the correct track has been selected in the column to the right. Click on “Register as Unpaid” and you will pay at the gate. This will save your spot.
This is the page we created is for booking a reservation in the practice session for Perris Raceway or State Fair MX. We are in unique times, so it requires unique measures. Please read this all the way to the bottom before proceeding so that we can make sure you have the best visit possible.
For now booking is only available through the weekend. We will use this as a test run and adapt it for next week but we are going back to our normal schedule for all tracks except SX. Supercross will open on Tuesday and Thursday 9am-2pm starting 4/28/20 at State Fair MX and it will have it’s own limit of riders since it is on a different site. Pre reserved spaces will not be required for SX.
Tuesday – Mini Night 4-9pm
Wednesday – Open Practice 4-9pm
Thursday – Open Practice 4-9pm
Friday – Open Practice 10am – 3pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am – 2pm
Gates open one hour before practice starts
State Fair MX:
Monday 9am – 4pm
Tuesday 9am – 4pm
Wednesday 9am – 4pm
Thursday 9am – 4pm
Friday – Closed
Saturday and Sunday 9am – 4pm
Gates open one hour before practice starts.
Important to read this:
Due to COVID-19 procedures we will have a couple of additional rules for attendees. These have to be observed and obeyed in order for us to stay open. If you don’t want to see any more closures please read carefully below and make sure you are not caught voiding any policies. Local authorities will be watching.
(1) There are no spectators allowed. Riders only. The only exception to a non rider is if the rider is a minor and one guardian/parent will be allowed per vehicle. Unfortunately for now this eliminates all trainers, photographers and non riding siblings or family.
(2) All riders and guardian/parents will be required to wear face protection once entering the facility. Riders will be required to put on face protection whenever a helmet is worn but are not required to wear both a helmet and face protection. Some form of face protection will be required by every person in the facility at all times.
(3) High risk groups (as determined by the Riverside University Health System Public Health Department) are not permitted. Visit https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus for more information.
(4) If you are feeling any symptoms of illness do not attend.
(5) Attendees are required to park no less than 10′ apart and to remain at least 6′ apart from all other attendees at all times.
(6) Please use the provided hand wash areas that are available at each track and wash frequently if you need to visit any common areas.
(7) All bleachers are closed.
(8) Follow all normal rules and requirements such as no guardian/parent on the track at all times.
(9) Practice sessions must be pre booked through this system. Do not book a session unless you are 100% sure that you are going to come in or you could be taking the spot away from another rider. If the session or day you are looking to book is full chose another available day. If riders are seen no showing sessions we will make changes, but it makes the reservation process more complicated.
(10) We appreciate all the communication had from Code Enforcement, City Manager, City Attorney, District Supervisors Office, Riverside County Health and the cooperation with additional local authorities. We also appreciate working with the local tracks because this was a group effort from tracks as far north as Cal City all the way down to our area.
Observe the rules and we should be able to avoid any further shut downs.
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY OPEN WITH NEW HOURS:
Glen Helen Raceway holds the safety, health and well-being of our riders, fans and staff in the upmost regard. Under the direction of the county, local and federal health authorities, we have been given authorization to open the by the San Bernardino County Regional Parks to Open for MX Practice only. ( See Guideline Below) We are NOT ALLOWED to have any racing events at this time. Thank you for all your support
We received the best phone call today! The San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department reached out to us and told us we can open for practice. We couldn’t be more excited to share the news with you as I’m sure you can’t wait to get back on your bike and ride. We will also be giving away the “I’ve Already Got My Mask” stickers to everyone through the gate (while supplies last).
WE WILL ALSO BE OPENING WITH NEW PRACTICE DAYS AND TIMES:
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to dusk
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. to dusk
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to dusk
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY’S NEW SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
(1) No spectators, photographers, and/or trainers allowed. Riders under 18 may have a single parent/guardian with them.
(2) All attendees must wear face protection during attendance when not wearing a helmet.
(3) No high-risk persons allowed (as determined by health department).
(4) Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is not allowed.
(5) Attendees must park vehicles at least 10 feet apart and maintain at least 6 feet between each other at all times inside the park.
(6) Maximum number of attendees is 75 at any given time.
(7) No events or group activities allowed.
(8) Bathrooms will be open and available to 1 person at a time. Both have hand wash stations. Bathrooms will be sanitized periodically to maintain cleanliness.
(9) All bleachers and seating areas are closed.
(10) Obey all of these guidelines if you want to keep riding areas and tracks open.
For more info go to www.glenhelen.com
CAHUILLA CREEK MX OPENING MAY 2:
LAKE ELSINORE MOTORSPORTS PARK OPENING MAY 2:
CAL CITY MX PARK HOPES TO OPEN SOON:
Cal City Mx in California City, California, posted this photo on instagram and said: “SO WE AREN’T OPEN THIS WEEKEND. I know Tracks are opening back up this weekend and we hope to open soon. What I can say is we have been working on the Track and when we open back up it will be worth the drive. We hope EVERYONE has a blast this weekend and hope to see everyone soon!!”
BARONA OAKS MX HASN’T ANNOUNCED AN OPENING DATE:
2X MX PARK HASN’T ANNOUNCED AN OPENING DATE: