MXA’S BIRTHDAY BOY: NO LONGER SKIPPY, NOW THE OLD MAN OF MX
CHAD REED BIO
Hometown: Kurri Kurri, Australia
Current Residence: Dade City, Florida
Birthdate: March 15, 1982
Team: JGR Suzuki
Mechanic: Ben Schiermeyer
Turned Pro: 1998 in Australia / Made U.S. debut in 2002
- He was the two-time Monster Energy Supercross Champion (2004 & 2008).
- He is one of just three international champions in Supercross history.
- The only international rider in Supercross history to win 450SX and 250SX titles.
- Has the most podium finishes in Supercross history (132, Detroit Supercross, Feb 23, 2019)
- 44 career 450SX Class wins, placing him fourth all time.
- Has the most starts of any active rider, and the third most in Supercross history.
- The most decorated international rider in the history of the sport.
- Competing in his 19th season of full-time supercross competition in 2019.
- He is also an X Games medalist, earning bronze in Supermoto in 2005
- 2002 250SX Eastern Regional Champion.
- 2009 AMA 450 National Champion Eastern Regional Champion.
- Named a Member of the Order of Australia in 2011 for his contributions as an Australian athlete.
- Father of three.
- Oldest full-time competitor in the sport at the age of 37.
- The only rider in the history of the sport to own his own team and win a Main Event.
- Second-oldest rider to claim a Supercross win at the age of 32 (Atlanta on February 21, 2015) and a Supercross podium at the age of 36).
- Has competed against five former Monster Energy Supercross Champions, defeating all of them.
- Longstanding rivalry between he and James Stewart is one of the most storied in history.
- ESPY Award nominee for Best Male Action Sport Athlete in 2004.