NEW CBD OIL & SUPERCROSS RULE: BANNED? NOT BANNED? LEGAL IN FRISCO? SAY WHAT?
Due to recent changes in state laws, limited hemp-based cannabidiol “CBD” product sponsorships at certain onsite Event locations during the upcoming 2020 Supercross season will be allowed subject to the following requirements and restrictions contained herein.
THE NEW 2020 CBD RULES OF THE ROAD…OR HIT THE ROAD
(1) CBD products must be derived from hemp and contain less than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (“THC”).
(2) CBD logos or signage that include or relate to cannabis are prohibited.
(3) CBD product sponsorships are void in whole or in part wherever prohibited by law.
(3) Any rider, team and/or sponsor that wishes to promote CBD products at Supercross Events voluntarily consent in advance to all rules, requirements and practices applicable at each Event as determined by the AMA, FIM and Feld Motor Sports in their sole discretion.
(4) Signage or promotional displays for CBD related products will be allowed in the pit areas
(5) The distribution or sale of any CBD related products or samples at any event is strictly prohibited.
(6) Promotional materials cannot be directed toward or appealing to children 18 years of age or younger.
(7) Rider and Team responsibilitiesoRiders accepting CBD product sponsorships do so at their own risk.
(8) Each rider, team and sponsor is solely responsible for complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding CBD products, including their lawful sale, possession, advertising, and sponsorship of them.
(9) Neither the AMA, FIM, nor Feld Motor Sports (and their respective related entities and personnel) will provide any legal advice or assume any legal responsibility for any rider or team that undertakes a CBD product sponsorship.
(10) TV Broadcast restrictions remain uncertain at this time. No rider, team or sponsor should assume that any promotional displays of CBD product on the track that may be captured by the broadcast will be allowed until further notice.
Note the black tape on Dean Wilson’s jersey covering up his CBD sponsor’s logo. We are willing to bet that if Feld could get a CBD oil to sponsor for the Supercross series, there wouldn’t be any tape over their logos.
(11) Riders who race with logos or other promotional displays on their person, their uniform, their gear, or on their bike do so at their own risk. The AMA, FIM and Feld Motor Sports reserve the right to require all logos or displays on riders and equipment be covered or removed immediately.
(12) The AMA, FIM and Feld Motor Sports will enforce CBD product restrictions at tech inspection, in the pits, and at any other time a violation or condition is brought to the attention of Feld Motor Sports, the AMA or the FIM. Riders will be required to cover or remove any CBD or related product logo if it is considered not to comply with the law or restrictions pertaining to the Events. Failure to comply with instructions herein or as provided at the event will result in a rider being removed from a race or denied entry.
(13) The laws regarding CBD products, including advertisements and sponsorships related to same, continue to change. This policy will remain in effect until further notice. It is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be amended, appended, or rescinded in whole or in part at any time for any reason without advance notice.