OFFICIAL! SUPERCROSS BACK TO RACING END OF MAY IN UTAH
SUPERCROSS BACK TO RACING END OF MAY IN SALT LAKE CITY
INSIDE RICE-ECCLES STADIUM
After the 2020 Supercross series was halted after the tenth round in Daytona heading into the Indy Supercross, there has been a lot of speculation where and when Supercross would resume. With the effects due to the Coronavirus, state governors are all unsure of what the right thing to do is. Some want the lockdowns to last for months on end like California and New York and some states such as Arizona and Utah want to open for business as soon as possible. We don’t know who is right, and eventually, when this is all over we will know who to point the finger at. We are just happy that Supercross found a home sooner than we thought. Click the link below for the full press release from FELD Entertainment.
FELD MOTORSPORTS CONFIRMS THAT THE 2020 SUPERCROSS SERIES WILL RESUME IN SALT LAKE CITY
The Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship, will resume racing at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 31 and will run through June 21. The final seven, made-for-tv, races will be broadcast on NBC networks without fans in attendance. The Utah Sports Commission, a longtime partner of Supercross, has coordinated the return of Supercross to Utah. There will be no spectators allowed.
NBC AND NBCSN SUPERCROSS TELEVISION SCHEDULE
Sunday, May 31 (250 East)… 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (NBCSN) & then 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (NBC)
Wednesday, June 3 (250 East)…10:00 p.m to 1:00 a.m. (NBCSN)
Sunday, June 7 (250 East)…5:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m ET (NBCSN)
Wednesday, June 10 (250 West)… 7:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m. (NBCSN)
Sunday, June 14 (250 West)…7:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m (NBCSN)
Wednesday, June 17 (250 East)… 7:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m (NBCSN)
Sunday, June 21 (East/West) … 3:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m ET on NBCSN & 4:30 to 6:00 (NBC)
(All times Eastern and TV schedule subject to change).
RACE FORMAT FOR THE LAST SEVEN RACES OF 2020
- 450 Class – 40 Riders based on current point standings and 2020 top 100 number or combined season qualifying results
- 250 East/West Class – 40 Riders based on current point standings and 2020 top 100 number or combined season qualifying results
- Timed Qualifying – Two qualifying sessions will be held for gate pick
- 250 East/West Format – Two Heat Races and a Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ)
- 450 Format – Two Heat Races and a Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ)
- 250 Final – One Main Event
- 450 Final – One Main Event