Shane McElrath came in to the scene a little bit later than the usual racer. He has without a doubt made his mark in the class, and the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM 250SX-F suits his tall riding style perfectly.
SHANE McELRATH BIO
Hometown: Canton, North Carolina
Current Residence: Murrieta, California
Birthdate: August 11, 1994
Team: Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM
Team Manager: Tyler Keefe
Mechanic: Andy Dalton
Turned Pro: 2013
- Has 3 career 250SX Class wins.
- 10 career 250SX Class podiums.
- Made 17 career 250SX Class top fives.
- 2015 Western Regional 250SX Class Runner-Up.
- 2016 Red Bull Straight Rhythm Lites Class Winner.
- Devout Christian open about his faith, part of 3N1MX fellowship in Wildomar, California, which is centered around the motocross community.
- Builds custom car audio kits as a hobby.
- Enjoys go-karting.