TEN THINGS TO DO ON YOUR NEXT VACATION
(1) Ben Townley MX Vacation. Former pro racer Ben Townley takes you on a journey to the beautiful island of New Zealand, where he has created an amazing moto vacation experience. You can spend five full days with Ben riding New Zealand’s best motocross tracks aboard a KTM 350SXF. There are several club and private tracks to try out, not to mention Ben’s private home facility. www.bentownley.com
(2) Costa Rica Unlimited. The Costa Rica Unlimited tour is a must. It offers five-star accommodations with a beach view and wildlife just outside your window. Get dressed in your room and ride right from the hotel. You can ride through towns, on beaches and stop for local foods on the way. There is enough fun for the entire family to enjoy. Costa Rica is dirt bike heaven. www.costaricaunlimited.com
(3) Ride California. Based in Southern California, Ride California has over 15 years of experience in the moto vacation world. Located in Murrieta, California, it offers different packages to choose from. The Golden State has eight different freshly groomed tracks, beaches and world-famous theme parks all within one hour of the Ride California base. Not to mention, they always have the latest and greatest bikes for you to ride. www.ride-california.net
(4) ClubMX. The small town of Chesterfield, South Carolina, is home to ClubMX, a facility built for racers. The ClubMX facility was built with determination, hard work and commitment to the sport of motocross. The club offers a variety of programs, has an on-site gym with trainers and coaches, and offers multiple tracks to accommodate every skill level. www.clubmx.com
(5) California Motocross Holiday. If you’re looking for a great place to stay for any length of time, you’ll want to check out California Motocross Holiday based out of Menifee, California. All the top tracks and race shops are within an hour of one another. The home base is comfortable, offers luxury amenities (pool, games, etc), and is enjoyed by racers from around the world each year. California Motocross Holiday also offers race-day packages where you can attend and enjoy the AMA Supercross races, as well as the Pro Motocross races during the year. You can also enjoy daily bike rentals with over 10 different brands and sizes of bikes to choose from. www.californiamotocrossholidays.com
(6) South of the Border MX. South of the Border MX is yet another camp/extended-stay complex for the serious rider/racer. Located in Hamer, South Carolina, this four-track compound is a great place to stay and train. Each track is freshly groomed every day, and layouts and sections are changed often. Amenities include RV camping with full access to power, hot showers, BBQ grills, picnic tables and a laundry room. www.sobmx.com
(7) MX Heaven. Located in Southern California, MX Heaven offers anything and everything you could possibly imagine for riders of all skill levels. Not only will they take you to all the hottest local tracks and shops, but they offer destinations such as Glamis, Ocotillo Wells and other desert riding spots. Vacationers are transported around in the air-conditioned MX Heaven big rig with bikes from all major brands.
(8) Kurt Nicoll’s Champion MX. Kurt Nicoll’s Champion MX is located in the beautiful Temecula Valley wine country of SoCal. Kurt is a three-time consecutive EnduroCross Veteran Champion and former top rider in the 500 World Championships from the late 1980s and early 1990s. Today, Kurt has a plethora of brand-new KTMs to ride and a killer place to stay in Temecula. Champion MX has a variety of spectating and riding packages to choose from. www.championmx.com
(9) Mike Brown MX Vacations. One of the newer moto vacation companies is Mike Brown’s MX Vacations. You can hang out with the 2001 AMA 125 National Champion, four-time X Games gold medalist and 2009 WORCS offroad Champion. Mike has lots of experience to share, and what a fantastic way to learn how to ride at some of the best tracks in the U.S. The tour starts off in California during the Supercross season and follows the series east, with stops in Arizona, Texas and Florida. While in California, you will learn how to navigate the Glen Helen National track and the hard-pack tracks like Milestone, Perris Raceway and Lake Elsinore. When he heads to the East Coast, you can ride with him at Muddy Creek, Lake Sugar Tree, South of the Border and Club MX. Various housing units, FXR riding gear and Husqvarna motorcycles are available upon request.
(10) Stapo MX. Since 2000, Dennis Stapleton has been racing professionally in multiple countries all over the world. He started Stapo MX in 2012, bringing international riders over to train, ride and vacation. Dennis helps them prepare for their racing season when they get home, and in his spare time holds motocross schools in foreign countries. Stapo MX can accommodate small groups and provide them with bikes and tours. Stapo MX has a compound in Lake Elsinore, California, with a guest house for visitors. You’ll get to ride popular SoCal tracks, ride the best bikes and have access to exclusive knowledge and training. www.stapomx.com