HARD FACTS FOXBOROUGH: WHO’S FAST, BROKEN OR HOPEFUL
Ryan Dungey has just about a two race lead going into Foxborough. He is 48 points ahead of Ken Roczen with three races to go. With only 75 points up for grabs, if Ken wins the final three races and Dungey finished 12th the next three races, Ken and Ryan would be tied for points after the final round in Vegas (and the time breaker would go to Dungey based on his 8 wins). If Dungey wins in Boston, the Fat lady will have sung for Roczen.
Six races into the 250 East season and we are on the edge of our seats. The wild card, Aaron Plessinger has came on strong the last few races and is putting pressure on points leader Malcolm Stewart, who is leading by only one point. While Jeremy Martin has the most wins, he sits third in points due to a DNF in Indy. Since Martin Davalos was unable to race Toronto due to Visa issues, he seems to have lost his touch.
- The 2016 Supercross season will be 88.2% complete after Foxborough.
- Supercross hasn’t been in New England since 1990. The return to Foxborough marks a 26-year hiatus for the series.
- The Supercross series has only raced in Foxborough three separate times; 1983, 1984 and 1990.
- Jeff Ward is the only rider to have a podium in both classes at Foxborough.
450 CLASS NOTES
- Chad Reed has had 200 starts in the 450 class (will race 201 in Boston). The only other riders to do so, are Mike LaRocco and old rival Kevin Windham.
- David Bailey is the only rider to win in Foxborough and win the championship in the same year.
- David Bailey also is the only rider to have won in Foxborough multiple times. He did so in 1983 and 1984.
- 1983 was the only time a KTM has raced Foxborough in the 450 class. Kevin Davis was behind the bars and got 16th place.
FASTEST 450 MAIN EVENT LAP TIMES
- Anaheim 1 – Tomac 1:01.954.
- San Diego 1 – Dungey 48.794.
- Anaheim 2 – Tomac 57.202.
- Oakland – Dungey 53.229.
- Phoenix -Tomac 1:02.602.
- San Diego 2 – Dungey 57.995.
- Dallas – Dungey 50.754.
- Atlanta – Dungey 45.943.
- Daytona – Dungey 1:04.851.
- Toronto – Dungey 54.604.
- Detroit – Dungey 46.808.
- Santa Clara – Roczen 43.144.
- Indianapolis – Roczen 43.548.
- St. Louis – Roczen 53.484.
250 CLASS NOTES
- Foxborough has only held one 250 class race (1990). Denny Stephenson won it on a Suzuki.
- Denny Stephenson’s win solidified the 1990 championship for him in the East.
- One point is all that separates Malcolm Stewart and Aaron Plessinger in the 250 East.
- Jeremy Martin is the only rider in the 250 East to have two wins this season.
FASTEST 250 EAST MAIN EVENT LAP TIMES
- Atlanta – Davalos 47.027.
- Daytona – Hill 1:07.740.
- Toronto – McElrath 56.279.
- Detroit – Stewart 48.190.
- Indianapolis – Plessinger 46.274.
- St. Louis – Jeremy Martin 54.946.
450 INJURY LIST
James Stewart – He says a hairline ankle fracture, but post-concussion syndrome seems more likely.
Christophe Pourcel – Bruised from his last crash (thinking about the Nationals)
Tommy Hahn – Broken thumb.
Cole Seely – Chipped his C7 vertebra. Might return in Foxborough.
Davi Millsaps – Broken ribs and a collapsed lung (replaced by Benny Bloss, but could be back for last two Supercross races).
Wil Hahn – Broken collarbone, torn labrum and a broken scapula.
Andrew Short – Concussion from the three-way crash between him Wil Hahn and Phil Nicoletti. Retiring after this season.
Kyle Chisholm – Recovering from a broken humerus, dislocated shoulder and concussion.
Dusty Pipes – Like Chisholm, he is recovering from both a broken humerus and dislocated shoulder.
Tyler Enticknap – Broke his thumb at the first San Diego round.
Tevin Tapia – Broken wrist from preseason still healing.
Dean Wilson – Out for the 2016 season with a torn ACL and meniscus.
Adam Enticknap – Out for the season due to a broken femur.
250 INJURY LIST
Jesse Wentland – Hand injury.
Kyle Cunningham – Broken wrist.
Justin Hill – Concussion.
Arnaud Tonus – Dislocated shoulder.
Marshal Weltin- Dislocated shoulder.
Nick Gaines – Out of the 2016 Supercross season with a broken femur.
Adam Cianciarulo – Still recovering from a broken wrist, although he is getting ready for outdoors.
Jordan Smith – Injured shoulder.
Zach Bell – Still healing from a broken collarbone, but may not finish the 250 West series if his infection isn’t taken care of.
Jessy Nelson – A back injury and concussion kept him out of Supercross. He is preparing for outdoors currently.
Luke Clout – Out of with a broken femur.
Mark Worth – He dislocated a hip and broke his elbow on the first lap of practice at Anaheim 1.
Daniel Baker – Done for the 2016 Supercross season after tearing his ankle.
Josh Osby – Broke some ribs and punctured a lung.