Click on images to enlarge
By Broc Bridges
1. Blake Baggett earned his 16th career victory and second consecutive by going 2-1 in Mt. Morris. It was his second career 450MX Class overall win.
2. Baggett is now the first rider to win two overalls on the season. Since 2000, the first rider to win two overalls has gone onto win the Championship 11 times.
3. Baggett has finished in the top three for five straight motos, which is the highest of either class this season. His average finish is 3.9.
4. KTM has won three straight overalls in the 450MX Class (Musquin, Baggett X2).
5. Jason Anderson went 5-3 for a second overall. It was his third consecutive overall podium since finishing 13th in the first round.
6. For three consecutive rounds a KTM and Husqvarna have been on the podium.
7. Broc Tickle earned his first podium since Red Bud of last season with a 4-4 finish. He pulled the hole shot in the second moto in route to his third overall finish.
8. Eli Tomac earned his third moto win of the season but for the third straight round he was unable to earn an overall podium with his 12-1 finish. He has improved every week since his second round issues, going 9th, 5th, and 4th overall.
9. Cooper Webb earned his first career top five 450MX overall finish with a 6-5 finish. He has gone 7th, 17th, 11th, and 5th on the season and has a top six finish in each of his past three motos.
10. Josh Grant earned the holeshot in the first moto and rode his way to a 3-11 finish, good for sixth overall. He has a top-10 overall finish in three of four rounds so far.
11. Dean Ferris, who is currently first in the Australian Motocross Championship and racing in America during an off weekend, rode to an impressive 2-14 finish in High Point. It was his first career 450MX Class moto podium and he finished seventh overall.
12. Dean Wilson earned his worst overall finish of the season with an eighth. The 9-7 day for Wilson was right on par with his 7.4 average moto finish.
13. Jeremy Martin went 2-1 for his 12th career 250MX Class overall victory. The win was Honda’s first 250MX Class overall win since Eli Tomac won the last race of he 2013 season; 39 straight rounds without a win.
14. Zach Osborne went 1-2 for a second place overall finish. He leads Martin in the point standings by 18.
15. Aaron Plessinger earned his second podium of the season with a 3-3 finish.
16. Alex Martin went 7-5 for fifth overall and is one of just two riders to have a top-10 finish in all eight motos in the 250MX Class so far this season. Martin sits in third in the points.
17. Last weekend’s 250MX Class overall winner Joey Savatgy struggled to a seventh place overall with an 8-7 finish.