Two-time Supercross champ, Chad Reed is one of the sports most beloved riders in the history of the sport and he plans to retire after the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross season.
CHAD REED BIO
Hometown: Kurri Kurri, Australia
Current Residence: Dade City, Florida
Birthdate: March 15, 1982
Team: Mountain Motorsports Honda team
Mechanic: Ben Schiermeyer
Turned Pro: 1998 in Australia / Made U.S. debut in 2002
- He was the 2-time Monster Energy Supercross FIM World Champion (2004 & 2008).
- He is one of just three international champions in Supercross history.
- The only international rider in Supercross history to win 450SX and 250SX titles.
- Has the most podium finishes in Supercross history at 131 (450SX Class).
- 44 career 450SX Class wins, placing him fourth all time.
- Has the most starts of any active rider, and the third most in supercross history.
- The most decorated international rider in the history of the sport.
- Competed in his 18th season of full-time supercross competition in 2018
- He is also an X Games medalist, earning bronze in Supermoto in 2005
- 2002 250SX Eastern Regional Champion.
- Named a Member of the Order of Australia in 2011 for his contributions as an Australian athlete.
- Has 249 Supercross Main Event starts as of December 2019.
- Father of three.
- Oldest full-time competitor in the sport at the age of 37.
- The only rider in the history of the sport to own his own team and win a Main Event.
- Second-oldest rider to claim a supercross win at the age of 32 (Atlanta on February 21, 2015) and a supercross podium at the age of 34 (Phoenix on January 28, 2017).
- Has competed against five former Monster Energy Supercross Champions, defeating all of them.
- Longstanding rivalry between he and James Stewart is one of the most storied in history.
- ESPY Award nominee for Best Male Action Sport Athlete in 2004.
ALL NEWS AND UPDATES | CHAD REED
RIDER BIOS | COMPLETE ARCHIVE
AMA SUPERCROSS RESULTS
AMA PRO MOTOCROSS RESULTS
In 2018, Chad Reed pulled together a crazy finish in Seattle. With the rain pouring down and mud stuck to the bike and him, he fried a clutch right before the finish of the last lap.