FIRST LOOK: KTM TO RELEASE A 2020 ELECTRIC PEE-WEE THIS FALL
2020 KTM SX-E 5 Highlights
- State-of-the-art electric motor with 5 kW peak performance, featuring an extremely compact and slim design that is well suited to the smaller chassis.
- Due to its dust and waterproof layout, the air-cooled motor is wear- and maintenance-free.
- Fitted with 84 modern Lithium-Ion cells in a robust die-cast aluminum casing mounted just above the motor, the battery offers enough stored energy for more than two hours of riding for a beginner and 25 minutes for the fastest riders, depending on riding conditions.
- Adjustable seat height can be set at the standard 698 mm (completely rebounded) or it can be easily reduced in two steps to 653 mm. A Suspension Lowering Kit from the accessories line can further lower the seat height to just 556 mm.
- Easy-to-use multifunctional instrument panel allows selection between 6 different ride modes to tailor the power characteristics to any ability level.
- Quick-charging external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W can be connected to any 110- or 230-Volt socket and plugs directly into the battery back.
- A lanyard attached between the rider’s wrist and the kill switch stops the motor when removed, or in the event of an unexpected fall by the rider.
- Ride modes can be saved by a dongle mounted under the seat to prevent young riders from changing the selected mode.
- WP XACT 35 air-sprung fork is ultra-lightweight and easily adjustable for different rider sizes and track conditions.